Wednesday, October 13, 2004

My Vacation Itinerary

After working a whopping 56 hours last week, I started my vacation. Here is how I intended on spending it...

Sunday-Relax and knit
Monday-Relax, knit and celebrate daughter's birthday
Tuesday-Relax, meet with knitting group which would include a trip to our LYS and knitting together
Wednesday-Relax and knit
Thursday-Relax and knit
Friday-Relax and knit

You get the idea...

Well, instead I got to work yesterday and today. It's crazy, but that is life in retail management. I still have a few days left. Alas, all is not lost. My sister-in-law called and we are going to a huge craft fair this Friday morning. I am so excited. I won't even need to drive. I can sit back, relax, and knit. I wonder if there will be yarn and knitting with knitters? Maybe spinning with spinners? I will try to take pictures of the crafting by crafters. There is always unusual and fun Hawaii-type crafts going on at these events.

I have managed to get a wee-bit of knitting related activities going on. I received this package from ImagiKnit's Yarn of the Month Club.



It includes four different yarns, a pattern for a shrug using one of the current month's yarns, and an informational flyer about using natural dyes. Very interesting for me, as I am trying to learn more about dyeing my own fiber. I'm looking forward to swatching the samples.

Speaking of swatches, here is a picture of my first spinning attempt knitted up. I believe it is angora. I am thinking of felting it and making a keychain out of it.



Just this small amount of yarn has me craving to learn more about spinning. I enjoy visiting here and here for some major creative inspiration.

And a big thank you to Becky for the wonderful, surprise-filled package! Beads and postcards all the way from France, I love being gifted...



Mulling over ideas on what to create from the beautiful beads she sent...

Well, I had better finish this post quickly. We have been having blackouts because of higher electricity usage due to the heat(people cranking up the a/c and fans). It would be quite upsetting if I lost this post to a power outage!
Site Meter