Monday, September 13, 2004

Happy Sunday

Yesterday I met up with some friends for a movie, some food, and knitting. We went to see Garden State. What a great movie. And a wonderful soundtrack. Zach Braff is a fox. But it is the story that will make you laugh, make you cry, make you laugh and cry. If you have been holding off on seeing it...don't. Grab a friend you'd like to share a warm fuzzy moment with and go see it.

Naturally afterwards, we had to find some food. Afterall, a vat o' popcorn and large soda is never enough. We went to a little hole in the wall in Chinatown to find some Polish piroskis made by an old Filipino lady. She has squid, chicken, or beef piroskis. She was sold out of the chicken and none was bold enough to do the squid. We opted for the beef. Doesn't it look yummy?

Mmmmmm... Gooey...

With our tummies full, we decided it was time to knit. We found a section of a certain large chain bookstore to sit and knit(I won't mention any names especially since we were kindly asked to move...I think they were anti-knitters). I had the immense pleasure and honor of teaching Hersha and Jason to cast-on and knit. Just look at their extreme diligence...

Why is mine so lumpy?

Then we moved to a little cafe called Mocha Java for more food and knitting and friendlier staff. I had some wheat pancakes. More gooey yummy-ness. It was so much fun. I'm looking forward to seeing Jason and Hersha's finished knitting. Especially Hersha's ever morphing project...from scarf to cat toy to sweater to poncho to table runner...she had us laughing the whole day. Here we are in our self-timer slightly blurred photo...left to right-Jen, Jason, myself, and Hersha...

Smile, smile, did it take?

Not much of my own knitting getting done. I seem to be in a bit of knitting slump. Not sure what I want to cast on for yet. Life seems to be a bit out of focus for me at the moment. Is it just an end of summer slump?

Perhaps I need to do some yarn shopping...
Site Meter