Friday, October 01, 2004

Adventures in Yarnland...

In attempts to navigate my way through the knitting doldrums, I've been trying several different tricks to get my slacking self motivated.

I have borrowed a dropspindle and some roving from a couple of knitters from the Honolulu SNB...thanks to Carol and Opal. I was given a quick lesson by Opal a few months back and have been itching to try my hand at it again.


So after a few false starts, I think I've got the hang of spinning.
With the help of Robert Sabuda's Alice, here is the finished product...



Not much yarn...but I like it. It was fun using the handspindle. And I've been drooling over the latest Halcyon Yarn equipment catalog. The spinning wheels are so beautiful. Do I dare treat myself to one?

But first I think I should get through some of my stash...



In that pile of yarn, there is going to be a Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille baby blanket, a Noro Kureyon French Market bag, another bag of my own design using the Red Hill yarn, a tank out the Patons Fun, and a Mission Falls 1824 cotton cardigan.

Will I ever finish what I already have on my needles? Will my daughter outgrow the tank before it's ever done? Will I go insane? Stay tuned...
Site Meter