Monday, August 23, 2004

Multi-tasking...

Or just plain ol' short attention span. Fall semester starts for me tomorrow. So to get into the swing of things I began reading an anthropology text I had on a bookshelf. In the midst of reading about the collapse of Easter Island, the Oli tank beckoned to be worked on. That's when I thought what better time than now to check out my new dvd of The Royal Tenenbaums.

Tahki Cotton Classic II

This is a closeup of the moss stitch edging on the tank bottom. I am making up the stripe pattern as I go along and making sure I am taking better notes this time around. It's stockinette stitch all the way to the straps which will be done in moss stitch.

Kathi-fied moss stitch

I've also been practicing some silk ribbon embroidery. I want to use it for a project I found in a book called Knitter's Stash. It's the Cottage Tea Cozy...the sides of the cottage are felted while the roof, door, and shutters are knit in double seed stitch. The embroidery is used to decorate the cottage with flowers and insects. I'm thinking a romantic country cottage...



I don't need a tea cozy, but I have some Peace Fleece I can use for felting the little cottage. And it was a good excuse to continue practicing my silk ribbon embroidery.

I think that's enough for one day. You may not hear from me the rest of this week unless I finish the Oli tank. Wish me luck with my first day of school! I'm taking a religion class called Understanding Buddhism and one for sociology called Sociology of the Family. With single parenting and working full-time, two classes are about all I can handle.

I wonder if my professors will let me knit while they lecture...
Site Meter