Saturday, August 21, 2004

Another WIP done...

This one is the Beanie For A Friend. I was knitting this one up sans pattern and since I wasn't quite sure how to start the decrease, BFAF has been sitting in a bag since February. It was suggested to me on Tuesday by fellow Honolulu SNB'er, Michelle, that I might find some use from Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. It's also very much the same beanie as the Hot Head I finished earlier this summer. So I don't know why I was hung up for so long.

Luckily, I found a copy at a nearby bookstore that evening. I haven't had a chance to look through the rest of the book but I was able to figure out how to decrease the beanie by using the charts provided. And here is the result as modeled by my daughter...

k2 p2 rib mystery yarn

It feels so great to finish a project. It's definitely motivation to go through my baskets(yes, that is more than one basket) and get to binding off other WIP's, including some of my crocheted items. I have no plans to cast-on for anything new until after the first week of September. Except for helping out Larissa with the Massive Meathead Knitup. It will be fun and I can't wait to see her end results. Check it out... and join in.

Next in queue for finishing is Oli's tank. I'm using this as inspiration...

Site Meter