Monday, August 30, 2004

You are loved...

Yes, you are...this post is mostly in appreciation of those that stop in to read my ramblings and support my love of knitting by offering up advise, hints, and encouragement. And patiently watch from the sidelines while I struggle through my knitting endeavors. Whether you make yourself known or prefer to read(and hopefully, enjoy) from the sidelines, know that I tremendously appreciate every moment you spend here.

Okay, so 'nuff of the mush and on to a wee bit of knitting. As you may or may not know, I started classes and was promoted at work all in one week. Which means I now have less time to knit. I am still working on the Oli tank and liking it so much. I can't help but feel happy when knitting with such happy colors!

I have also started swatching for the Tea Cozy Cottage. I am using the worsted weight Peace Fleece in Negotiation Grey for the sides of the cottage. And will be using Grassroots for the roof, doors, and windows. I will also felt the swatch and once done with that I will try some silk ribbon emroidery on it. I'm using dpn's because once I'm done with the felting and embroidery I plan to make a little gift bag from it. I saw something like this done in Felted Knits. A good way to utilize felted swatches. I love the way this is turning out. This yarn has a real rustic look to it. Almost primitive. I can't wait to see how it felts...




BTW...see those little red pins in the photo? They are for you! Email me(see my profile for email link...sorry, it's the one thing I haven't figured out how to do is link to my email) and let me know in which language(s) you would prefer. The I am loved pins come in Japanese, Italian, French, Hebrew, and Spanish. I have a bunch and they are just my little way of saying thanks. If you'd like to know more about these buttons, click here(they are free for the asking!). I ordered them to pass out at peace rallies and many of my friends wear them. And now I want to share its message with all of you...


Site Meter