Friday, September 17, 2004

The Doldrums...

The knitting kind...not quite sure where I want to be project-wise. There are a few major items I'd like to knit but need to find yarn for them. I really would like to do the Flower Basket Shawl in the latest Fall 2004 Interweave Knits. There is also the Simone bag from HauteKnits. Check it out...Amy has designed a really cool little project. And I'm trying to knit up a couple of baby gifts for my sister-in-law due in October. How fun it will be to knit for a little girl!

Since baby is due soon, I thought of something quick and easy to start with, a rolled hem beanie. I found some Bernat Sox yarn in a fun multi-color and over at Action Hero, Melissa has posted her crochet flower pattern. The beanie pattern is from Ann Budd's Knitter's Book of Handy Patterns. The yarn is an acrylic and nylon blend which I've doubled for this project. The flower is so much fun to crochet, it's quick and the pattern is easy to memorize.



I am hoping to get some wind back in my sails soon. It's a bit frustrating to know I have projects that need to be done. And feeling like a slacker is never a positive thing for me. But then again, it's not a good idea to be so hard on myself. I haven't mentioned it before because I didn't feel it important or necessary to let y'all know in blogland what happens in my private life but maybe a bit of information will help alleviate some of my guilt at being unproductive. I have had some recent health issues which entails some days where I am dealing with a lot of pain. It's called adenomyosis...not a death sentence...but still can be frustrating at times. The only quick explanation is that this is sometimes called internal endometriosis. Also, with my promotion at work and the ensuing extra workload, I have had to withdraw from my classes this semester. Which has been the hardest thing for me to deal with. I was very sad when I had to hand in my withdrawal papers. So not awfully terrible...just need to do a mind shift which doesn't leave room for much else in my already over-crowded brain.

But life goes on...so does my knitting.
Site Meter