Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Done?!!

Done!!!

Proof is in the pictures. As taken by my eight year old and through the heat of the Hawaiian sun...
Obligatory headless photo

Phew...it's been a long journey. There were moments when I wanted to dive into the frog pond and forget about this whole trip! But I persevered. Yes, there were a couple of times that I was not quite sure what was going on and it was sort of sink or swim, learn it or frog it. And the slacker in me wanted to give up. Then I would have to give myself a sort of pep talk..."Come on, if you give up now, ya ain't a knitter, just do it, finish it! Finish. It."

Eww, icky back shot!

Uh, huh. Learned a few lessons, too. For one, take better notes along the way. Yep, especially when I got to the part that says "reverse shaping". There's no holding my hand along the way here, no step by step instructions, just "reverse shaping"...I was on my own. In this case it would have been nice to have a much clearer roadmap of my knitting. I also would have been less impulsive about yarn choice. Not that I dislike the Portofino Soufle. If I had been more patient, I would have waited for something that showed more stitch definition. I should have also been more careful with sizing. I chose to go with 34 inches. And although I stayed on gauge throughout, the cami is a bit baggy.

Overall? I love it...I've been wanting to knit Honeymoon since I first saw it in Knitty and will most likely try it again. In the smaller size with a different yarn.

Now I must decide on a new project. But according to astrology, Mercury is retrograde from August through mid-September, which means it's not a good time to start anything new. It is supposed to be a great time to finish things. So I will attempt to turn my WIP's into FO's. I'm eagerly waiting for the Rowan Vintage Style due out in October. There are a few projects in there I would love to knit.

Here are those beaded stitch markers that have been waiting in the wings...

I used some Bali sterling silver with various Czech beads. And also my newly acquired wire-wrapping skills I learned at "Beadmania". If you live on the Leeward side of Oahu, this is a great little shop with a wonderfully warm staff. Look them up...

Well, the Honeymoon is over! And I couldn't be happier...

***A very big "Thank You" goes to Missa at Midnight Knitter for the new look.
Site Meter