Monday, July 26, 2004

Happily knitting away...

When this thing, this...this...this knot pops up out of nowhere!

From out of nowhere...

I've heard of this happening, but have never encountered it. Is this normal? How often has this happened to you? I was busy knitting and watching The Iron Giant, so I didn't notice it right away. Until I checked my work! Luckily, the knot ended up on the wrong side. I suppose there are simple remedies when encountering such frustration. Portofino was already in a ball when purchased, so there was no way of knowing ahead of time.

After a brief moment of wondering if I had purchased defective yarn, I went on to the utter confusion of the RRI(right raised increases) and LRI(left raised increases) on my Honeymoon. The decreases were a breeze...a snap...no problem-o! And they look just fine. I'm not sure the increases are being done correctly. They look okay to me. As mentioned before, the yarn is a bit forgiving. I'm just looking forward to finishing. I'm a slow knitter and it's a bit intimidating when I'm reading about everyone else finishing their projects and moving on.

There's so many things I want to start, but am holding off. At least until I finish Honeymoon and my friend's beanie. Oh, and don't forget, I still have my daughter's tank to work on. I've decided to modify the pattern on that project...so, I'm not going to put too much pressure on myself to finish that up in a hurry.

I'm wondering...how slow is too slow?

Site Meter