Monday, August 02, 2004

Knitter's block...some crochet...

It's been a really busy week with my daughter starting the 4th grade and a head honcho at work visiting the island stores last week. Thus, free time has been next to nil. I'm still working on Honeymoon...I'm still going through the "shape bust" section. So knitting update is minimal. I'd post a photo but it still looks like a lumpy, purple blob.

After feeling guilt at not keeping up with the knitting Jones', a comment by Rabbitch put things in perspective for me. She mentioned that there is no such thing as too fast or too slow. Learning to knit faster won't make me happy. After all, didn't I promise myself to enjoy the journey more and not worry so much about crossing the finish line?

That said, some embellishments have been added to a crochet project...

Crochet it...

I had posted earlier photos in the Finished Objects portion of my photo album. This is a pattern my mother has been crocheting for over 30 years. It's a very quick project and can be adapted to many different sizes. I may actually try to write down a formal pattern for this, as it's been handed down through word of mouth. Since my Japanese mother speaks "broken-English" and I have no idea how to read crochet patterns, I'm not even sure her crochet terminalogy is correct. It will be an interesting challenge!

Here, some pantaloons have been added. Afterall, a doll can't go out without her pants...


As much as crochet is fun and I enjoy it for small projects, I still prefer my knitting needles...
Site Meter