Sunday, October 17, 2004

Actual knitting and a little bit of shopping...

So I finally decided to buckle down and try to finish the Oli tank. Truth is, I've sort of lost interest in most of the projects I had been working on. But my daughter would give me a look everytime she spied her unfinished top(sad, sad face)...I just could not stand the guilt. I finished the back and am happy to report that I should be done with the front and straps this week...



Here is a close-up of the decreases. Ughhh, not very pretty. Because the pattern I was using confused me, I decided to do my own thing once I had reached the separation point for the front and back. The backside was done without any problems.



Different story for the front. The pattern called for using a p3tbl for a left slanting decrease. Is there such a thing? I looked through most of my resources and could not find it. I was confused on how this was done, so I tried a ssp(slip, slip, purl). It seems to have worked out okay. I'm sure there are some of you out there cringing at my technique...and if anyone has any advice on how I could have done this better and easier, please let me know! I am open to suggestions. I usually like to do things my own way and learn from my mistakes. I also do not like to ask for directions when lost...

A friend asked me to put together a Halloween costume for her today. We went to Savers and found some really hip 70's clothing for her. It was so much fun picking things out, I thought of how much fun it must be to be a costume designer or one of those people who does this for movies. She had to drag me away from anything that was crocheted or knitted. Until I found the aisle of heads, I did a dance and almost screamed when I saw a whole aisle of these styrofoam beauties. How could I pass this up? She was mine for $3.00!



I even did some online shopping this past week. I love zines. And found these over at Cut & Paste. There is one on how to screen print and another on crafts and DIY. It's fun to read these little creations. The photo on the right is of Ralph, a zine that a friend and I created when we were both taking our first Women's Studies courses. If I had the time I would love to do one about knitting.



It's back to work for me tomorrow. I will try to have a finished Oli tank for you by the next post...

Site Meter