Tuesday, July 13, 2004

I pledge...

  • To read a pattern completely through before starting a project.

  • To swatch a complete 6 inch sqare. Not 2, not 4...but 6.

  • To chronicle my projects in a journal.

  • To not expect the impossible from a yarn. A boucle blend will
    not behave as a mercerized cotton.

  • To try a new stitch pattern at least once a week.

  • To become more discerning when shopping for yarn, especially
    in pricing. Somewhere, there is a better price.


  • I felt I needed to set some guidelines for myself. I tend to get excited about starting projects and not think things through which usually end in disappointing results. My impulsive nature is being challenged. Patience is not only a virtue, it's become a necessity. I'm in such a rush to reach the destination, I'm not noticing mistakes along the way. Slowing down would be a good thing.

    And learning a new stitch pattern keeps me focused on where I want to go with my knitting. It helps me to realize that I can do more than just knit and purl.

    Here's a couple I tried this past week...

    Feather and Fan Cable

    They are from the book "How To Knit" by Debbie Bliss.



    It's one of the first books I purchased when I began to knit. I still like to use its stitch libraries and there is a entrelac workshop that I would eventually like to tackle.

    But, for now, back to the cami...
    Site Meter