Saturday, July 17, 2004

Honeymoon, v2.0...

Second Honeymoon
 
Ahhhhh...now I'm glad I ripped my first attempt.  Once I got past the eyelet portion and saw some progress, I felt like I was actually knitting.  I'm even enjoying the decreases.  Although the left decreases are a bit confusing.   I am hoping I'm not twisting or turning those stitches.  This boucle is pretty forgiving...and I think it will be less obvious if there is a slight glitch somewhere.  I hate to admit it, but I don't think I would recognize a twisted stitch if I ran into one anyway.  
 
It's been difficult to find time to knit with full-time work and getting the kids and myself ready for the coming school year.  My daughter has decided to stay in Hawaii, so I am busy getting her set-up for the fourth grade.  I have yet to finish registering for my classes in the fall.  I'm an anthropology major and it's been slow going with only 2 classes a session, but I will keep plugging away until I get my degree.  I'm more concerned that my son will be a high school junior next year.  Yikes!(shudder) Driver's ed. 
 
I am looking forward to starting a knitting group on my campus this fall.  One of my friends that I taught to knit attends the same campus and we discussed starting one this semester.    If  you are reading this and attend the Leeward campus of UH, please contact me(see profile).  Let's get together!   
 
Here's some Peace Fleece I had in my stash.  I'm thinking of using them for holiday gift giving.  Just need to find appropriate projects.   I've been thinking of cell phone cozies to go with some of the beaded phone dangles that I'm making.
 
Merry Christmas?!!
 
I'll try to post photos of some of my beaded projects next post...
 


Site Meter