Thursday, July 08, 2004

Day off...

Not really.

After a 7-day work week, I was hoping to get some relaxation time to knit...but nope. I was wrong. Kids need attention. House needs attention. And inside, my Self is whining, "What about me?!!"

To top it all off, I spent most of my second day off fussing with my computer. I was hoping to put in new USB ports, as the ones I currently have do not work. It looks like it may take a bit longer to get some decent pictures up.

I wanted to get the mundane out of the way so I could have at least a few hours to knit and read. But things just weren't happening for me.

Oh well, at least I attended the Honolulu Stitch 'n Bitch last night. It is always refreshing to spend time with fellow knitters. Everyone was working on some really wonderful projects. Michelle is knitting the shapely tank in black Cotton Fleece. What a great yarn! I really love the way it looks and feels. We talked about a knitting getaway(a knitaway!). A trip to the Mainland to go yarn shopping. I know it's something I would seriously consider doing. And check out Opal's tank...it's coming along nicely, too.

I was thinking of ripping my Honeymoon Cami. I enjoy knitting this pattern, but it looks a bit sloppy. Yes, this is what happens when I get really tired and should not be knitting or anything else for that matter, except to get some shut-eye. But working straight shifts for days on end, I just had to have a fix. Anyone ever knit in their sleep? Don't try it! And rather than keeping on and wincing everytime I have to look at it, I think it's time for Ms. Frog to do her "thang".

On the other hand, Oli's tank is coming along fine. And I'm looking forward to seeing it on my daughter. I love the colors. And the moss stitch I used for the hem is probably one of my favorites stitches.

yummy colors

Speaking of daughter, I took her to a place here called "Hanai Bear". Hanai in Hawaiian means to adopt. The shop has dolls and animals that a child can choose from. They are not stuffed and once a child finds one, she can help to fill it with stuffing from a huge stuffing machine. This is the most fun part. And the attendant asks the child if her friend is cuddly enough. If it's decided that all is okay, the child picks a little felted heart from a basket and says a pledge to promise to take care of her newly adopted friend. The heart is then pushed into the doll and then it is zipped permanently. The final step is to choose a name and fill out the "Certificate of Adoption". Here is a photo of Oli putting the heart into Emma Rose...

I promise to keep you safe and happy!

So cute, Emma Rose has been with Oli ever since.

Hmmm, looks like I'll have to find some time to knit doll clothes...
Site Meter