Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Honolulu SNB rocks...

Wow, it has been a super busy last few weeks! I hope everyone is having a great spring and enjoying the warm weather.

At the Honolulu SNB's most recent meeting, we worked on MK Carrol's very special Womb pattern(MK is one of our SNB members!). Remember the Knitty '04 issue?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

That's Kae and myself showing off a very pink and almost-done womb. Shouldn't we all be more loving to our wombs? This project has given birth(sorry, couldn't resist...) to many lively discussions. And no matter your viewpoint, it's important that we acknowledge the importance of taking care of ourselves.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I am using Noro Kureyon scraps for my womb. Who says that a womb needs to be pink? This represents my personality and life. Besides, recycling is always good. I'm already thinking of knitting these as gifts for my female friends. It should be fun picking out yarn and colors to represent my friends.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I actually have a finished womb. But my batteries died before I could snap a photo.

I did manage to capture a photo of my latest jewelry creation. They are dyed fresh water pearls with sterling silver wraps. I'm not big on pearls, but these I love.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Oh, and before I forget...check out this article on knitting in Hawaii. It features the Honolulu SNB and a wee-bitty quote from yours truly! We were all honored and excited to help out with this feature.
Site Meter