Sunday, February 20, 2005

A bit of Kureyon and Kyoto color

Almost done with the tam! Here is my daughter, Oli, in her strike-a-pose mode...



I love knitting with Noro Kureyon. This colorway is striking. It was yarn I received in a trade with Amy. Kureyon was originally intended for the French Market bag, but inspiration struck when I saw a tam knit by Angela...scroll down a bit and you can find a couple of photos of her tam. Very nice, indeed.

I have decided not...NOT...to plan on projects, so not much more to report on the knitting side of things. I'm still waiting on my sis-in-law to show up with her poncho kit. Otherwise, no planning. I will let inspiration fuel my knitting from today on. I find spontaneity gives me the energy to finish a project. And enjoy the process so much more. Besides I am such a slow knitter, I start feeling like a loser if I can't keep up with my crazy list of to-do's in my project pile.

Here is another dash of color. These are umbrellas I brought back from a trip to Kyoto a few years back. Ohhh, isn't it bad luck to open an umbrella in the house?! Yikes, I didn't think of that...they needed airing out.



Maybe it doesn't count when they are as pretty as these.
Site Meter