Friday, April 01, 2005

Fifth time lucky!

Well, it seems I finally got the hang of knitting those darned clovers. I like the way it looks and am now enjoying this project. Lace knits up fast. I probably would be further along if it weren't for the first 4 tries at getting this right. Twice I decided to do things my way, and well, it wasn't working. Then when I did finally get it right, I must have dropped a yarnover and lost a leaf on one clover. Rip, rip, rip...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And today while watching the coverage of the Pope's illness, I dropped my knitting and when I reached down to pick it up, I accidentally pulled the needle out of all 106 stitches. Aaaaargh!

Quite upset, I deemed that ball of Rowan 4-ply jinxed and fished out a brand new one. Well, whatever it was, it worked. Because now I seem to be doing okay. I think I need to run one of those life lines through the project. I'm not sure exactly how that works...guess I'll have to do some research tonight.

I am offering you two photos of what I have today. Not much, I know...but it feels like a major accomplishment considering this is my 5th round with Lucky.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Check out the knit along to see how others around the world are doing with the wrap...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And if you haven't already done so, visit one of the newest and coolest on-line knit shops around...Knit Pixie from Missa of Midnight Knitter fame(who also designed this blog and button!).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'm drooling over the Blue Sky Alpacas...such great colors!

There is a meeting next week of the Honolulu Stitch 'n' Bitch. I'm so excited as it has been a few months since our last meeting. This group has some really great knitters/designers. I will take my camera this time so that you can see how we do things here in Hawaii!

Till then, have a beautiful weekend...
Site Meter