Tuesday, March 22, 2005

No knitting...lots of jewelry...

Well, not really. I have been knitting and even took photos. I downloaded a couple along with the shots of jewelry. And for some reason(weird cyberspace hoo-doo or totally airheaded mistake), I cannot find the knitting stuff. So, I give to you the wire and bead things I have created in the last week.

This is how I make the jumprings for chains and connecting pieces. It's actually fun to make the sterling coils and cut them into the rings. Here I have used 18 gauge sterling wire. And I'm learning to create my own closures.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

By learning this simple technique, I have discovered that I can create my own chains. The flat coils are something I did by using an anvil and chasing hammer. The next step is to learn to solder the rings closed...which involves a torch. Which I'm a bit intimidated by...fire and me? A bit scary!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I made another flower pendant...this time with jasper and pearls. I like this design. Someone actually offered me money for the carnelian pendant. Except I have absolutely no idea what to charge for these things. Have you ever sold any of your own creations? As flattering as this is for me, I can't imagine ever accepting cash for something I've made...I'd gift it before anything else.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These earrings were inspired by the view from our home(there's a saying here, "Lucky you live Hawaii!")...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

And I love the honey color of these drops...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

So...back to the knitting. I am still working on the Bias shrug from the current IK and have started the Lucky Clover Wrap for the KAL that Lolly is hosting. I have to admit I love knitting with Rowan even if I'll be frogging for the third time tonight. It's like the difference between Hershey's and Godiva...I love chocolate and I will eat Hershey's, but whenever possible a bit of the fancy stuff is wonderful.

Speaking of IK, I just saw this and now I must have it! I know I already have a gazillion things going on! Some of you know how it is. And I envy those of you that are monogamous to one project at a time. How do you do it? Such strength and willpower I can only dream of...

Oh well, I am on vacation until April 2nd. Maybe I will finish the shrug?
Site Meter