Tuesday, June 29, 2004

It's a honeymoon...

A couple of swatches for consideration...
Hey, swatch it!
My ebay purchase of Portofino Soufle in a lilac color. This is a 40/40/20 blend of cotton, acrylic, and polyamide.

The top swatch is for the
Honeymoon Cami featured in the current Knitty. It's in a stockinette stitch using bamboo circulars in size 6. The second swatch is for the Chevron Rib Tank from Interweave Knits. For this I knit a garter rib stitch using straight bamboo needles in size 8.

The Portofino is a boucle-type yarn. It knits up really pretty and it's very soft. I did not like the way the swatch for the Chevron tank came out. Besides not making gauge, I felt that the garter rib design did not "pop" the way it should with this yarn.

So...I have decided on the Honeymoon cami. I really like the design and although the pattern is going to be the most difficult I've knit so far, I think I am up for the challenge. Last night, I cast on the 171 stitches for my size. I am now a few rows into the eyelet border...not quite enough for photos yet.

I will be busy the next couple of days with work, but here's hoping I'll have some exciting photos by Friday...
Site Meter