Saturday, June 26, 2004

Knittin' under the sun...

Last day of my vacation before I have to return to work. Sis-in-law, Wendy and I took the kiddos to the beautiful Ihilani Resort. There are four lagoons to choose from and each have limited parking as to keep the crowds to a minimum(a very nice plus). We stayed a few hours before the sun got too hot. Then we were off to enjoy some ice cream from Bubbies. They have the yummiest mochi ice cream...
Aloha

I did manage to get in a few rows of knitting before heading into the water.
Tank it up!

I'm about 5 inches into this tank top for my daughter. I like that it is so colorful. I need to order some yellow and some sort of deep red to add to the mix. The original pattern calls for 5 different colored yarns and I think these colors could use something else also. I really like the moss stitch at the bottom, although the K1 P1 stitch pattern is very meditative. I fell asleep twice before I was able to finish that section.

Yippee...I received one of my ebay orders. Five skeins of Portofino Soufle in a lilac color and five skeins of Patons Fun in a grey/white color. Both are cotton/acrylic blends. Time to swatch for some tanks for myself. Not a great photo...but here they are...

Ooooh, yarn...

I have been wondering what to do with my swatches. What do you do? Do you put them in a journal for each project? Or are your swatches just laying about?

Hoping I'll have some swatches done by next post...



Site Meter