Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Oh, E-Bay...How I love thee...

I have won three bids on E-bay. That is 20 skeins of yarn for under 60 bucks. I have found it next to impossible to find any yarn that I like here in Honolulu. Maybe I am being too picky. Maybe I just need to organize my thoughts more before I enter a room full of yarn. Maybe I should be more open to opportunity when yarn shopping. I bit of mindfulness I think would be helpful the next time I step into a yarn shop.

Three bids...10 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 cotton in Indigo, 5 skeins of Patons in grey/white cotton, and 5 skeins of Portofino Souffle in a lavender color. I plan on using the Mission Falls for a skirt. The Portofino is going to be used for the honeymoon tank. And I may use the Patons for another tank or maybe a summer cardigan.

I am a few rows shy of finishing up the bottom to the Sophie bag. Then I will be ready to pick up stitches to work up the sides. I am using Noro Kureyon #55. It is a grey, rusty brown, green colorway. Very earthy.

I am still working on learning how to blog. I can't wait to post photos. And am trying to figure out how to add links. I picked up a book by Biz Stone on blogging. It is pretty comprehensive. And I am hoping it will help to make things a bit more interesting.

I now have to run to the store and pick up some leis and a balloon to welcome my daughter at the airport. Yippeee.....I am very excited. Until later...


Site Meter