Monday, June 14, 2004

A little bit of knitting...

I have been practicing the stitch patterns for the honeymoon tank and hopefully soon will be confident enough to cast on for this project. This will definitely be the most difficult knitting I have done so far. I know I will have tons of help though. The Honolulu S 'n' B is a great group to be a part of. Already I have been motivated by everyone's enthusiasm. Being pretty competitive, I like to keep up and dislike feeling as if I'm lagging in skills. I feel like such a newbie when I'm with these ladies. Being a part of a group definitely keeps me on my toes.

On a personal note, I started my vacation today. No real plans, not even leaving the islands. Just to either finish some WIP's(socks & Sophie bag) and to find some new yarn to add to my stash. My daughter will also be here to visit for the summer and I'm looking forward to teaching her to knit. I have purchased a kit from Peace Fleece with cute, child-sized knitting needles, two mini-skeins, and a handmade button of a cat's face included. It is going to be a little coin purse. She is 8 years old, hopefully not too young to learn.

As soon as I figure out how to post photos, I will do so. I plan on heading to the bookstore today to pick up some books on blogging. I am hoping to have things a bit more interesting in a few weeks. I definitely would like to change the template and colors. Until next time...
Site Meter